Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer days with Bailey Grace Lovelies and a give-a-way

What is your summer like so far? The kids and I have been taking it easy, and waiting for the arrival of our new little sweet pea. I still have 3 weeks, in the mean time we have visited the beach and enjoyed the sun (when it's not raining). Did find a new discovery that I am head over heels over. Let me introduce you
This my lovelies is the Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade....where have you been all my life. I dare say I love it far above coffee (that's huge) but oh my it's fantastic. So of course I don't have time to keep running to Starbucks (nor the funds) with 4 soon to be 5 kids. I have come up with the recipe and now can make it in abundance in my home. Of course I share so here it is.

Copycat Recipe: Starbucks Iced Passion Tea

Lemonade...I use Simply Lemonade
 
Tazo Iced Passion Tea
1 Cup Sugar

Instructions
  1. Brew 1 quart of water in a Dutch Oven over high heat until boiling. Add one bag of Iced Passion Tea and remove from heat.
  2. Let brew for about 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and let the tea cool.
  3. Add 1 1/3 cup of lemonade
  4. Add 1/3 cup simple syrup*
  5. Serve over ice. At Starbucks they shake the heck out of it in a shaker. You can do the same if you have a plastic Starbucks reusable cup. Just pull the straw out and put your finger over the hole.
  6. To make the simple syrup: Add one cup of sugar to one cup of water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until all the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add to jar and let cool.

Tada...yummy, delish and refreshing.

I also wanted to share a picture of some super cute kids

My 4 out of 5 superheros


Now speaking of refreshing don't forget Bailey Grace Lovelies is doing a give-a-way for a $30 gift certificate towards anything on our page. Be sure to enter. Here are some samples














4 comments:

  1. Thanks Mel, my husband LOVES that drink. Probably just about as much as you. I can't wait to make this for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had it but I am going to go out to get some passion tea tonight. I have been making lavender lemonade which I love with roobious tea. Thank youu for this great recipe Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thank you for sharing...blessings

    ReplyDelete